Prague, Czech Republic—04/05/2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Dreadlocks Ltd, indie game development studio, author of the last year’s cyberpunk RPG Dex, are going to re-launch a Kickstarter campaign for their brand new title Ghost Theory, early in April 2016. It is being developed for PC, Mac, Linux, PS4 and Xbox One.
Ghost Theory – coming back to Kickstarter in April 2016
Ghost Theory is a first-person adventure horror game, designed to be a serious take on ghost hunting and paranormal research.
In Ghost Theory, you will be equipped with authentic ghost hunting tools and you will travel around the world to investigate the real most haunted places on Earth.
Using stealth and your wits to survive you will collect data and evidence, allowing your team of scientists to upgrade your equipment and ultimately to solve the eternal mystery of the afterlife.
Ghost Theory have been already greenlit on Steam Greenlight. In just a few days it climbed up to be #3 out of 1945 games. The amount of positive feedback is astounding!
- Unique setting: The rich world of paranormal phenomena has never seriously been used in a videogame before, and offers strong narrative themes, a genuine horror atmosphere, and endless gameplay opportunities.
- Real-world locations and cases: We have secured the rights to use several real haunted places, as well as their associated history, such as 30 East Drive, Pontefract, home to the most violent poltergeist in Europe. By drawing inspiration from the very best horror movies and stories, we hope to captivate players curious about the unknown.
- RPG gameplay is a main stretch goal – Base Management: When you’re not on a mission, you’re at your base making choices of the course of the research and tool production. As you progress in the game you can expand the base of new premises. You need to watch your budget though because if you fail to deliver results, the university will cut the funding. You also manage a club of ghost hunters that help you to investigate more locations through non-playable missions. If they succeed in their mission they will bring back some resources. To raise their chances you need to spot their individual qualities and send them on the right missions with the right equipment
- Engaging mission gameplay: Use your Clairvoyance gift to see ghosts and experience visions of past events. Use a variety of ghost hunting tools, such as a UV lamp to reveal hidden traces of ectoplasm, a pendulum to locate buried objects, a camera to record ghostly apparitions, and many more.
- Open-ended objectives: In non-linear levels, head straight for your target or explore hidden paths and uncover the mystery behind each haunting. Collect evidence in the form of recordings, samples, lesser specters, to fund your research and develop better equipment.
- Innovative visual presentation: Using actors filmed in stereoscopic 3D and seamlessly integrated into the game’s environments, the game offers unparalleled realism and horrifying shock moments.
- Advanced VR support: Owners of VR headsets will greatly benefit from the game’s design. The game is developed from the start with VR in mind and every aspect of the game is engineered towards providing the most immersive experience. The user interface, inventory, and overall visual feedback all emerge from the game world itself, ensuring that nothing ever reminds you’re in a videogame.
Screenshots and videos are available at the game website: http://ghost-theory.com/press/
ABOUT Dreadlocks Ltd
Founded in 2011, Dreadlocks Ltd recently released the award-winning 2D cyberpunk RPG Dex on PC, Mac and Linux, and following this success, their are almost done porting it to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U and PlayStation Vita.
Original Kickstarter campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreadlocks/ghost-theory